I just realized that I forgot to post my announcment for the Read-a-thin! I have decided to take part in this readathon this month and am already busy as a bee.
What is the Readathin?
Readathin is a month long readathon that is held in February, May, August, and November every year.
The goal for Readathin is to “thin” out your TBRs. (And not to read only thin books off your TBR what I thought at first.) While you can read any books you have on your TBR, the main purpose of the readathon is to read books from your TBR (doesn’t matter if physical or ebook but I will definitely try to read some of my ebooks).
There is a book that has been chosen as a buddy read and it’s no other than Gallant by V.E. Schwab. And since I actually have that on my tbr, I will definitely take part in that.
Bingo and Prompts
Donna and Amanda have created a bingo card with prompts for us to follow. I am proud to say that I have already completed some of them. One of the reasons why I decided to join Readathin was that there are not just reading prompts – there are self-care prompts as well.
- Forgotten on tbr or ereader
- Read a book toward one of your yearly goals
- Under 280 pages
- Read a book that is in a series
- Read a book from a subscrition box or the oldest book on your TBR
- Start a new book
- Published in May
- Flowers on the cover
- Title with 5 words in the title
- Read a 2017 Release
- Read a Graphic Novel
- Read from a Genre you love
- Do something creative
- Reorganize your shelf (physical or online)
- Get cozy and read for a bit
- Take a self care day
- Clean/Declutter one area of your home
- Sit outside or open a window and read for 30 minutes
- Watch a t.v. show or movie
- Make a drink or food or buy/order something to drink and eat
- Read the buddy read
- Do one thing you’ve been putting off
- Have a bath or shower, RELAX!
- Take a 30 minute Social Media Break!
Are you taking part in Readathin? Would you be interested? What prompts have you done yet?